Lighting is an integral part of any hotel infrastructure and it’s very essential that it’s done well as this might influence the review of your guests. Dim and poor lighting will definitely not help in showcasing your hotel infrastructure and facilities to your guests. We shall discuss some very important aspects which need to be looked into for that perfect lighting at your hotel premises.
- Consult the Expert: When lighting is done perfectly well it’s rarely noticed but when it’s not then the first thing criticized is bad lighting. It is always better to consult a lighting expert and allow him to define the way the lighting has to be done as this will avoid mistakes that will attract negatives reviews.
- Blend with the concept: Always have lightings that blend with the concept of the hotel infrastructure and theme. There will be many key elements at the hotel like architectural or decorative aspects that needs to be highlighted or it can even be a painting. Lighting should be able to give an individual identify and flair to the hotel premises.
- Hotel layouts: Lighting should be able to adapt to the room or space and the time. Nowadays the concept of having a free-flowing area is more in common with many activities happening in one large space without demarcations. Hence it’s important that each space is lit up differently according to the primary use of the space.
- Flexible lighting: Having a flexible lighting is a must and most importantly lights need to be bright enough to work at the same time cozy enough to relax. Always have a reading lamp in your rooms and have a switch that would turn off all lights at a go.
- Bright and good lighting: All areas in the hotel should be good lit especially corridors. They are the walking pathway to the various other areas and rooms in a hotel and should have sufficient lighting to aid route orientations for the guests.
- Quality Matters: It’s imperative to imagine the number of guests that come and go and the most of all which is frequently used is the light fittings. This is one thing which is extensively used and this can very well lead to faster wearing out of the material. Always use quality lighting equipment which is robust and durable.
- Efficient Lighting: Today’s trends are LED’s and when it comes to being economical it is the perfect choice without compromising on the efficiency and styles. The benefits are clear and many hotels are replacing all with LED’s.
- Light up according to occasion and events: Hotels and resorts can be a place where diverse events can be organized like a business meeting or a wedding. It is always essential that you ensure the right light for the event which is been held at the premise as every event requires a specific type of lighting and colors that befits the occasion.
- Natural Light is the best: Hotel interior and exteriors perceptions are evolving according to the tastes of the guests. Guests like to feel blended with nature even when they stay in a hotel and hence it is very much required that we understand such preferences. Create your infrastructure that encourages natural light to light up the premise in a very soothing yet bright.
- Simple Navigation: There is nothing as frustrating for guests to spend time finding out the switches to the light facilities in a room. Technology has evolved so much that more and more hotels are having touch panels and smart lighting arrangements for better navigation for guests via tablets and phones. But it’s also important that we provide proper guidance to our guests as we cannot expect everyone to be tech-savvy. Even if you have no such facilities installed in your premise keep the switches to be very accessible and visible for your guests.
Do you want to consult us on any aspect regarding Hotel Infrastructure or setting up a new hotel then feel free to call us at (91) 0484 2395833 or mail us email@example.com.