Property Management Systems, also known as PMS is comprehensive application software used in the management of infrastructures as real estate property, government accommodations, hospitality accommodations, intellectual property, manufacturing property and many more.
Property Management Systems are computerized systems that make the control of properties and infrastructure, its maintenance, the legalities, and personnel a lot easier with computer software that is specifically designed for the purpose. Property management systems have replaced the old-fashioned way of managing things using papers, which were both cumbersome and inefficient. It is a perilous task to manage the details of your guests particularly during peak hours of the day and hence a good PMS is the best way to plan and organize the resources to be made available to your guests making the job much more easier at the front desk. It would be best to seek the expertise of a Hotel consultant in India who has years of experiences in the hospitality industry when it comes to choosing the right PMS for your Hotel premise.
Property management systems can be categorized in 4 ways:
- Hospitality industry – In the hospitality industry, property management systems made its debut as early as in the 1980s. In hotels, property management systems had the objectives of coordinating the operational functions of the front office, sales, planning, and reporting. The system can automatically make guest bookings, register guest details and the database, online reservations, telephone and accounts details, food and beverage costing, HR and payroll, etc. Hotel property management systems have also integrated with many third-party solutions to achieve added facilities to give optimum guest satisfaction. The advancement of cloud computing has helped hotel property management systems to expand their service towards new services like guest-facing features. Guest-facing features include online check-in services, room service, guest-staff communication and many more all facilitate via the guest’s mobile phones.
- Local government – Property management systems are beneficial to local government bodies because they can manage large real estate properties like schools, hospitals, parks, social housings, shops, industrial real estates, pubs, etc.
- Manufacturing and logistic industries – Infrastructural property management, control in large warehouses and also manufacturing units can be well organized by a good PMS that will not only help in asset maintenance but also keep a track of the contracts and other accounting aspects required.
- Commercial properties – Property management systems can be used by local property managers to manage the day-to-day operations of their or client commercial properties let it be a house or even a hotel premise.
Advantages of Hotel Property Management Services:
- Hotel property management service can provide enhanced check-in and check-out capabilities to your guests anytime, anywhere using their mobile’s cloud-based hotel PMS. You can free your front-desk staff and use them to provide guest services.
- You can improve you housekeeping efficiency by getting instant mobile updates when guest check-out and the rooms are freed for cleaning.
- Increase your room occupancy by real-time room availability managements across distribution channels.
- You can boost your sales through direct booking.
- You can centralize and secure your customer data. Understand customers buying patterns.
Selecting the appropriate Hotel Property Management Systems:
There are many Hotel Consultants in India that help customers choose hotels suitable for them through property management systems. Hotel property management systems can help you run your hotel more effectively and efficiently, by enabling hotel employees to monitor guest behavior, improving guest satisfaction and making the guest experience better. A quick 6 point to help you select the right PMS would be
- Ask your network in the same industry and also other property managers what they would use and recommend.
- It is of utmost importance that you choose the PMS that best suits and fits your business.
- Have a good comparison of the essential software features and also the pricing whether its a one time cost or a monthly renewal. Most importantly to know if the PMS is cloud-based one is of primary importance as it gives more operational leverage and availability to have a cloud-based one.
- And last but not least to access the operational levels of migrations by doing a test run and make sure that there is no data loss from your current running system.
Trends that work in favor of Hotel PMS:
- Hotel PMS helps you to meet the demands of your guests more effectively and efficiently.
- Hotel PMS allows the mobility of front-desk hotel staffs.
- Hotel PMS helps you manage an evolving workforce.
- Cloud-based Hotel PMS provides the personalized engagement the customers want and the innovation the millennial employees crave for.
Technology is evolving at a very fast pace today and it should be adopted even at a faster rate when it is certain to improve your business. The hotel industry has already transformed itself to a more technology-driven environment and hence it is imperative to say that a good and state of the art PMS system that is built on the latest technology platform is a must in today’s hospitality industry.