Property Management Systems, also known as PMS is comprehensive application software used in the management of infrastructures as real estate property, government accommodations, hospitality accommodations, intellectual property, manufacturing property and many more.
Property Management Systems are computerized systems that make the control of properties and infrastructure, its maintenance, the legalities, and personnel a lot easier with computer software that is specifically designed for the purpose. Property management systems have replaced the old-fashioned way of managing things using papers, which were both cumbersome and inefficient. It is a perilous task to manage the details of your guests particularly during peak hours of the day and hence a good PMS is the best way to plan and organize the resources to be made available to your guests making the job much more easier at the front desk. It would be best to seek the expertise of a Hotel consultant in India who has years of experiences in the hospitality industry when it comes to choosing the right PMS for your Hotel premise.
Property management systems can be categorized in 4 ways:
- Hospitality industry – In the hospitality industry, property management systems made its debut as early as in the 1980s. In hotels, property management systems had the objectives of coordinating the operational functions of the front office, sales, planning, and reporting. The system can automatically make guest bookings, register guest details and the database, online reservations, telephone and accounts details, food and beverage costing, HR and payroll, etc. Hotel property management systems have also integrated with many third-party solutions to achieve added facilities to give optimum guest satisfaction. The advancement of cloud computing has helped hotel property management systems to expand their service towards new services like guest-facing features. Guest-facing features include online check-in services, room service, guest-staff communication and many more all facilitate via the guest’s mobile phones.
- Local government – Property management systems are beneficial to local government bodies because they can manage large real estate properties like schools, hospitals, parks, social housings, shops, industrial real estates, pubs, etc.
- Manufacturing and logistic industries – Infrastructural property management, control in large warehouses and also manufacturing units can be well organized by a good PMS that will not only help in asset maintenance but also keep a track of the contracts and other accounting aspects required.
- Commercial properties – Property management systems can be used by local property managers to manage the day-to-day operations of their or client commercial properties let it be a house or even a hotel premise.
Advantages of Hotel Property Management Services:
- Hotel property management service can provide enhanced check-in and check-out capabilities to your guests anytime, anywhere using their mobile’s cloud-based hotel PMS. You can free your front-desk staff and use them to provide guest services.
- You can improve you housekeeping efficiency by getting instant mobile updates when guest check-out and the rooms are freed for cleaning.
- Increase your room occupancy by real-time room availability managements across distribution channels.
- You can boost your sales through direct booking.
- You can centralize and secure your customer data. Understand customers buying patterns.
Selecting the appropriate Hotel Property Management Systems:
There are many Hotel Consultants in India that help customers choose hotels suitable for them through property management systems. Hotel property management systems can help you run your hotel more effectively and efficiently, by enabling hotel employees to monitor guest behavior, improving guest satisfaction and making the guest experience better. A quick 6 point to help you select the right PMS would be
- Ask your network in the same industry and also other property managers what they would use and recommend.
- It is of utmost importance that you choose the PMS that best suits and fits your business.
- Have a good comparison of the essential software features and also the pricing whether its a one time cost or a monthly renewal. Most importantly to know if the PMS is cloud-based one is of primary importance as it gives more operational leverage and availability to have a cloud-based one.
- And last but not least to access the operational levels of migrations by doing a test run and make sure that there is no data loss from your current running system.
Trends that work in favor of Hotel PMS:
- Hotel PMS helps you to meet the demands of your guests more effectively and efficiently.
- Hotel PMS allows the mobility of front-desk hotel staffs.
- Hotel PMS helps you manage an evolving workforce.
- Cloud-based Hotel PMS provides the personalized engagement the customers want and the innovation the millennial employees crave for.
Technology is evolving at a very fast pace today and it should be adopted even at a faster rate when it is certain to improve your business. The hotel industry has already transformed itself to a more technology-driven environment and hence it is imperative to say that a good and state of the art PMS system that is built on the latest technology platform is a must in today’s hospitality industry.
For most of its time, the hotel industry has always remained a traditional one. Functioning in its traditional, comfortable background, there haven’t been many innovations in it. But the 21st-century internet era has changed everything for hoteliers.
While traditional ways of marketing their product are still in use, there has been a specialized focus on content marketing. It is the thing of the hour and is a big reason behind the success of many new hotels. Below are some important reasons as to why content marketing is the need of the hour, and why it is a key to a successful hotel campaign-
1. Hyper informed customers- A customer can find out any detail about your which he wants at the click of a finger. This has made the ‘selling’ part quite different in terms of marketing. All a customer looks for these days is a never forgettable experience. They already have quite a good idea about the kind of services they will get from you, so don’t push them towards that direction. Use the USPs of your hotel, and instead of selling it to them, just tell it to them.
2. Having a customer monologue- Drive traffic towards your hotel by engaging in conversation with your potential customers. You can hold online contests on Facebook and Twitter wherein customers can tell their favorite travelogues and win a free night’s stay at your hotel. This is a technique of digital marketing. Digital marketing for hotels has been quite popular these days and has given quite good results to hoteliers.
3. Use of Local locations- If you really wish to build on a specific USP, use the charisma of the place where your hotel is situated. Use some local tourist destination in your ad, mix up your stay experience with the local culture, and advertise it accordingly. You can also combine this with the technique of digital marketing for hotels for the best possible results. Attracting tourists has never been easier.
4. Driving Internet Traffic- Internet is being deemed as the best way for hotels to drive customers to their location. There is a large chunk of people who book their hotels on the internet these days, and this makes SEO (Search Engine Optimization) a very important tool for getting your hotel ranked by Google. If your hotel shows up on the first page of Google, chances are that you will have a lot of customers who will be ready to book their rooms with you.
Conclusion- Content marketing in the form of blog posts, tweets, facebook uploads, and Instagram stories go a long way in making you reach the plethora of your customer base and attract them. The traditional ways of marketing, though still going on have become obsolete with the coming of the internet. The main focus of content marketing should be to initially create interest among people about your business and then convert that same interest in business and profit. You have been blessed with the tools and techniques. It is up to you to put them to good use now.
Being an owner of a hotel or even a hotel or restaurant manager there are several aspects that need to be looked into in detail for running a hotel successfully. Of the various things kitchen is the most primary and essential of all which needs to be uniquely managed and maintained. There are various methods and key points to be considered to efficiently run a kitchen and we shall discuss some of the basic yet most important of them all.
1. Exclusive workstations in the kitchen: Kitchen is the place where a lot of daily operations happen and also a place where there are always chances of major confusions that can happen. It goes without saying that kitchen has to be a place with utmost coordination should take place. Hence to prevent bottlenecks in the kitchen it is always good to have clear workspaces for different duties. The best would be to have separate doors for inventory to enter the kitchen and finished means to go out to be served to your customers. The workstations of the chefs should be equipped with all that’s required for him to perform his duties and should have easy access.
2. A well-streamlined menu: It is not at all a good idea to have a populated menu without rightly evaluating and being sure about what can be served to your customers. Though you would love to impress your customers with unique and various dishes, always take a consensus of your chefs and also the stock of the ingredients and equipment available. The items on your menu need to be what your kitchen can efficiently deliver and it should not be an added burden on the chefs and staffs. The best would be to prepare the menu in consultation with your head chef.
3. Daily preparations: Make sure you get a good guy assigned the task of preparing the kitchen before the start of the day or the start of a new shift. It should be his or her duty to see to it that the kitchen is well stocked with all the needed ingredients as well as other the other equipment all clean and neatly arranged. This will not only save time but also bring an order in the kitchen premise.
4. Some preparations to be done ahead of time: Cooking is one thing which cannot be prepared as if the food sans freshness it’s better not to be served at all. Freshness of the mean is very vital but yes there are certain basic elements in the kitchen which can be planned and prepared ahead of time. Identify such key duties that will help in not loosing time while you carry out the core preparations.
5. Inventory system: Inventory is the core of any kitchen and nothing is as bad as running out of key ingredients in the middle of the preparations especially when its peak time. A good and well-planned inventory is the key to an efficiently run kitchen and special care should be taken to restock the same but avoiding wasting food.
6. An employee manual: It is beneficial and essential to have a good standard operating procedure that all your staff has to adhere to. This not only brings a sense of operational streamlining amongst the staffs but also will make the staffs aware of their key responsibilities thereby maintaining the required standards.
7. ‘Staff’, the essential ingredient: One of the most important ingredients for a successfully Kitchen and for that matter any business is its staffs. It is imperative to say that one has to invest time, money and efforts in fetching the best staffs and provide them the required training so that they can perform to your expectations. Always have staffs who seem passionate in the hotel industry and are excited about carrying out the operations to their fullest abilities.
These are some of the basic elements which can contribute to run a kitchen efficiently and effectively and there are many more unique tips which and be add-ons. A well-planned kitchen will yield to a successful running restaurant and kitchen is the key to it of the many other factors. Hence its the first place where a hotel or restaurant owner should start investing in terms of money, time and staffs.
Lighting is an integral part of any hotel infrastructure and it’s very essential that it’s done well as this might influence the review of your guests. Dim and poor lighting will definitely not help in showcasing your hotel infrastructure and facilities to your guests. We shall discuss some very important aspects which need to be looked into for that perfect lighting at your hotel premises.
- Consult the Expert: When lighting is done perfectly well it’s rarely noticed but when it’s not then the first thing criticized is bad lighting. It is always better to consult a lighting expert and allow him to define the way the lighting has to be done as this will avoid mistakes that will attract negatives reviews.
- Blend with the concept: Always have lightings that blend with the concept of the hotel infrastructure and theme. There will be many key elements at the hotel like architectural or decorative aspects that needs to be highlighted or it can even be a painting. Lighting should be able to give an individual identify and flair to the hotel premises.
- Hotel layouts: Lighting should be able to adapt to the room or space and the time. Nowadays the concept of having a free-flowing area is more in common with many activities happening in one large space without demarcations. Hence it’s important that each space is lit up differently according to the primary use of the space.
- Flexible lighting: Having a flexible lighting is a must and most importantly lights need to be bright enough to work at the same time cozy enough to relax. Always have a reading lamp in your rooms and have a switch that would turn off all lights at a go.
- Bright and good lighting: All areas in the hotel should be good lit especially corridors. They are the walking pathway to the various other areas and rooms in a hotel and should have sufficient lighting to aid route orientations for the guests.
- Quality Matters: It’s imperative to imagine the number of guests that come and go and the most of all which is frequently used is the light fittings. This is one thing which is extensively used and this can very well lead to faster wearing out of the material. Always use quality lighting equipment which is robust and durable.
- Efficient Lighting: Today’s trends are LED’s and when it comes to being economical it is the perfect choice without compromising on the efficiency and styles. The benefits are clear and many hotels are replacing all with LED’s.
- Light up according to occasion and events: Hotels and resorts can be a place where diverse events can be organized like a business meeting or a wedding. It is always essential that you ensure the right light for the event which is been held at the premise as every event requires a specific type of lighting and colors that befits the occasion.
- Natural Light is the best: Hotel interior and exteriors perceptions are evolving according to the tastes of the guests. Guests like to feel blended with nature even when they stay in a hotel and hence it is very much required that we understand such preferences. Create your infrastructure that encourages natural light to light up the premise in a very soothing yet bright.
- Simple Navigation: There is nothing as frustrating for guests to spend time finding out the switches to the light facilities in a room. Technology has evolved so much that more and more hotels are having touch panels and smart lighting arrangements for better navigation for guests via tablets and phones. But it’s also important that we provide proper guidance to our guests as we cannot expect everyone to be tech-savvy. Even if you have no such facilities installed in your premise keep the switches to be very accessible and visible for your guests.
Do you want to consult us on any aspect regarding Hotel Infrastructure or setting up a new hotel then feel free to call us at (91) 0484 2395833 or mail us firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any efficient hotel revenue management, Direct Booking is always the foremost objectives which are seen as a solid & permanent revenue enhancer. Irrespective of the size of the hotel direct bookings are the topmost recommendations when it comes to rolling out an effective revenue management strategy. If you are in the Hotel industry then it need not be elaborated upon the fact that Online Travel Agents today have become a pivot entity in controlling the hotel room prices. But then the end effect is it leaves very less space for the hotels to create a niche or even a brand entity. This is certainly a negative impact on the hotels who many a time struggles to build a fair value for themselves in the minds of the customers. In such a scenario it goes without saying that it’s the direct booking strategies which need to be more focused upon as that only will help hotels take the advantage of having repeat bookings, and thereby create a brand loyalty which ultimately gets converted to higher revenues and profits.
We try to evaluate in this article the various possible methods via which you can increase your direct bookings.
Increase multi-channel communications with customers: Communication is and always will be the key to a successful marketing strategy. With the exponential growth of the social media and various technological evolutions on the internet, one has to focus on getting as many numbers of channels open with your customers as possible. Email marketing, social media, your website are all possible communication channels via which you can directly start interacting and talking to your customers.
Have your hotel marketing plan to include advertising on the loyalty program via social media and also to invest in targeted marketing via Facebook and Google to get to the right audience instantly. And that’s not all, as an after sales customer service the best to do is to keep your social media chat channels open as your customers can directly speak to you giving you an opportunity for quickly responding.
Your customers have to be your brand ambassadors:
If you are keen on retaining your customers as loyal brand ambassador then it’s imperative to say that your customers have to be rewarded and benefited. A good incentive scheme or a referral program is the best way to make your customers feel privileged thereby increasing the possibility of hotel customer acquisition. If an apt and attractive referral programme is worked out then that will lead to encouraging direct bookings thereby increasing repeat customers to your hotel.
Advertise and showcase the best rates and facilities:
Almost every single time a customer goes to various options on so many online platforms which provide various discounted rates rather when going directly to hotels. No wonder today a customer doesn’t seem to remember the hotel of stay rather the OTA from where he/she made a booking. This doesn’t add any advantage to the hotel as it creates zero brand visibility. The best way to counter it is to implement the best price strategies and well advertise the same with proper highlights of the facilities and infrastructure of your hotel. Only then will customers feel the necessity and see it as an advantage to doing a direct booking at your hotel. Always the best rates should be a direct rate.
Make your hotel experience a unique one:
All said and done ultimately it’s the experience you offer customers that matters the most. If you are successful in giving the unique experience to your customers then that’s the most valuable element which will contribute to customer loyalty. A hotel which offers service is way less preferred to a hotel that offers an experience. Let it be from the decor which speaks about the history and how it makes the premise unique along with your food menu or let it be any other USP which you have, it all adds up to driving more direct bookings. Identify your unique selling points and try to advertise and communicate it well to your customer. That itself will be a major contributor to an increase in your hotel’s direct bookings.
Hence to wind up on what we have discussed, if you are hotelier eager enough to establish your hotel as a well known sought after brand with all intentions of seeing an increase in growth and customer retention then its time you seriously start thinking about your direct bookings.
The hospitality industry is flourishing at an exponential pace and it has started to embrace and adopt technological innovations to enhance revenue generation and increase customer loyalty. As it goes without saying, customer service is always the prime focus for any business and the same is perceived to be applicable in the hospitality industry as well. Every industry seems to be in a rat race to see customers as just opportunities for ringing their cash desks and spends hours to create services which can be pushed onto the customer. The world is going through a digital transformation and almost every interaction happens via the internet today. But there is also a growing concern that with so many methods and ways to target your prospects to subscribe to your business, are we handling our customers as merely a means of revenue generation?
We are in an industry which needs to work completely different from the conventional methods of providing service. This is the only industry which cannot see its prospects as customers or revenue generators but as interactions for much longer durations. We are dealing with real people to whom we need to reach out, understand and be felt which will help us in better knowing what we need to deliver.
For any hospitality consultant or hotelier would be wise to agree that we are not in a business which provides only services. The foundation of any successful hotelier is not to have customers rather guests and to imbibe in itself and its team the very fact of the trade that it is not guest service that we aim to provide rather “Guest experiences”. Experience can be in any form but the success is in how unique and enjoyable you can make it to your guests. Right from providing the local cuisines of the place to the creation of that perfect magical and exquisite ambiance or the adventurous activities which can be incorporated into your offerings, it’s the experience which remains in the minds of our guests for a very long time.
We live in a world with different kinds of personalities and with traits which are either inherent or created by many societal influences. Many of our guests come from various walks of life and it is very important that we learn the persona of our guests even before their stay. A clever understanding of their requirements will contribute in formulating a felicitous experience to guests.
Hospitality is an industry which deals with the two most important ( E’s ) of human nature and it can be conquered only by providing an another integral ‘E’ in Hospitality. If it’s the persona of your guests that needs to be studied then it is the first ‘E’ to be satisfied and it comes with a big caution message ‘handle with care’. This E which amplifies the superior self-existence in any human being is the ‘Ego’. Analysing a person and knowing his/her requirements is necessarily studying the Ego of your persona because it is this letter E which can be altered unimaginably. So the goal and the start point of your service deliverance is to satisfy the Ego of your guest. Rightly said, “We are in the Ego business” and it’s crucial to find out the key touch points of your guest’s ego as it opens up various opportunities and aspects for service. Handle the ego of your guests with care and satisfying it is the start to a good service deliverance.
Once you have identified the Ego and found out the various opportunities for your service deliverance the next important E which needs to be tackled is ‘E’ for ‘Emotions’. Emotions are more personal and no technology can replace the feeling of oneness when you interact with your guests. Emotions are the only way to establish a direct and personal relationship with your guests and Hospitality is all about relationships. Emotions cannot be expressed through lifeless electronic media but have to be one to one, between you and your guest. Talk to your guests rather directing them to fill in endless columns in forms. It goes a long way when you take the time to converse with your guests and make them feel that you are not just a service provider but a friend who has invited them home. That’s the most eminent touch point anyone would want and paves the way to ensure your guests that they have come to the perfect place.
Handling the Ego and tackling your customer Emotions are the two hardest parts in the hospitality industry but once achieved then it automatically creates a roadmap to success. It creates the exact picture to the next E which is the focal point for your deliverance and that being ‘Experience”. You must have by now well understood your guests ‘Ego’ and ‘Emotions’ and are all set to showcase that exact, unique and exquisite experience to your guests. It is not the service which need to be delivered but that much-expected experience which eventually is guaranteed to stay in their minds. It goes beyond the obvious sectors of providing accommodation, food and drinks but to the more finer and innate tasks of elevating the human senses to an all altogether different level of their existence in your property. Once that kind of experience is delivered then you are in the absolute path to being a successful hotel entrepreneur.
India in the recent months seem to be gripped with a lot of discussions and debates on ‘GST’ and after a lot of contemplations and revisions finally, it is all set to be implemented. As per the latest reports, the finance minister Mr. Arun Jaitley has announced that GST will be rolled out with effect from the 1st of July 2017. Before we start off with our introspection of the implications and effects of GST on the hotel industry it’s important to get a quick perspective of what GST is all about and an understanding of the advantages of GST as a whole.
What is GST?
‘GST’, the acronym stands for Goods and Services Tax and in simple terms can be explained as an indirect tax reform to be implemented with an aim to remove tax barriers between different states and the centre thereby creating a single market and a single structure of taxation across the country and industries.
The existence of GST is governed by the GST council and the chairman being the Union Finance Minister of India – Mr. Arun Jaitley. To give you a quick picture of the taxation structure under GST henceforth the goods and services will be taxed under the following five primary tax slabs as 0%, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28% irrespective of any state. Hence a uniform tax structure on goods and services across the entire country.
Now let us extract the key elements of GST pertaining to the Hotel Industry and access the implications GST has on the hospitality industry at large.
Key Highlights for Hotel Industry:
1. One of the key highlights and the biggest benefit of GST is that it is supposed to replace both the present service tax and luxury tax as hotels till date were suffering from the burden of multiple taxations. In order to bring in a uniformity and eliminate the requirement for unnecessary taxations in various states, GST will be implemented that will necessarily subsume excise, service tax, state VAT, entry tax, octroi and other state levies.
2. According to the council, the GST has set taxation slabs on hotel room tariffs under which an 18 % tax will be levied on rooms with tariff between Rs 2,500 to 7,500 which is a great relief to hoteliers. As per the current scenario, 21.3 % taxes are levied on this traffic range and with this decrease, to 18% the remaining 3 % of the tax discount will be passed on to the customers. There was a huge repercussion initially when the GST was first announced on these tariff as it was initially decided to levy a 28% taxation on room tariffs above Rs5,000. With much resistance and discussions and as a great relief to hoteliers it has finally been decided to increase the threshold from Rs 5,000 to Rs 7,500. Hence with this revision, the highest tax rate of 28% is assigned to tariffs of Rs 7,500 and above. This was finally decided by the GST council led by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in a meeting held on the 17th of this month.
3. A big cheer is also certain for those who like to dine at 5 star and luxury hotels as bills are likely to get much cheaper with the GST. The GST on five-star hotels will be reduced to 18 per cent from 28 per cent which will bring it at par with standalone air conditioned restaurants.
All said and done accordingly to main trade analysts this is arguably a very welcome revision with the new GST but it also has to be noted that if India has to remain competitive as a tourist destination this surely is not enough. As rightly pointed out by HRAWI President Mr. Dilip Datwani almost all our neighboring countries pay 5 – 12 % GST or equivalent tax whereas at the same time hotels in India would be levying 18 and 28 per cent of GST. This surely will not augur well with foreign inbound tourists who are normally lured with super deals by our neighboring countries. Hence this is going to be a big concern to attract tourists around the world. It is just a matter of time as we need to wait and watch after the GST rolls out and is operational.
Every year there is a change in the way we do business as with the growing and emerging changes in either the demands of the consumers or in the environment or economy. One most important factor which contributes a lot to any business of today is the evolving changes in technology and its applicability in the daily operations. As we all know that technology is an enabler and it helps us to establish an effective communication with our customer thereby contributing to driving our businesses to greater heights. When it comes to the Hotel industry technology has started playing the role of a major game changer and it’s important to find out what are some of the most emerging trends related to this industry that will contribute a lot in providing that unique and utilitarian experience to our guests which will also help us create a much stronger and longer lasting relationship.
Technology and its implementations have been snail-paced in the way it was used in the hotel industry with no major changes, but the time has come where the trends have already picked up. Hotels are in the people business and one of the only primary objectives of this industry is to cater to the requirements of the customers to provide them the best services at any point of time. Delivering the ultimate in hospitality and service is the primary focus and today technology plays a major role in facilitating just that. What we do need to know is if there are any innovations being developed by technology in keeping up and delivering the promises of a better hospitality industry. One of the challenges in this industry is its dynamic nature as it has to listen and understand the requirements of diverse customers who have different preferences and it’s important for hotels to concentrate more on delivering customized services. This diverse range of guest expectations has spawned a fascinating scenario for companies in developing state of the art technology which is the current driving factor to take the industry beyond.
Let’s take a look at the various technologies that will have a major impact on the hotel industry in the year 2017 and the years to come.
- Service based technology: Technology needs to be flexible to meet the kind of diverse types of guests and their requirements. As technology acts as an enabler to the services it has to adapt likewise and facilitate the smooth deliverance of services to the customers. Now a day’s guests are not interested in spending their time walking towards to front desk and wait in lines for the checking process to happen. They want themselves to be checked in even before they arrive at the hotels as they just can walk into their respective rooms. This is facilitated by today’s Smartphone’s where guests are been given technology in their hands in the form of smart mobile apps as their digital keys to their rooms. Such service based technologies are going to be the must-have in 2017 and the years to come. This is the next frontier and it will soon be seen that front desks will disappear from many hotels.
- Wireless Technology: It’s 3G, 4G and going to 5G may be somewhere in 2018 and that’s the speed at which technology is progressing. With high speeds of internet connectivity’s and a paradigm shift of infrastructure to the cloud, this is surely going to have an enormous effect on the hotel industry. Gone are those days where Wi-Fi was treated as an added feature for many hotels and was promptly advertised in the hotel premises. Today having a Wi-Fi facility is something which is expected by your guests and without it, your premise will be lacking with something which is very basic nature. Every hotel will be equipped with high speeds of internet availability not only for their guests but for their normal operations as everything would be well connected via the internet.
- Social Listening: It’s the world of social networks and what more a channel do you need that helps in amplifying what you need to communicate with your audiences. Today a large segment of the population are present almost a good amount of time on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Companies have started to understand the power of this medium which has become a very credible listening platform. This social influence platform has made companies to develop hotel industry technology that would listen to what consumers have to say about the services offered cater to their requirements via their reviews. It also helps the industry to gain knowledge about the trends and what is popular amongst the broader guest’s audiences. The hotel industry should be able to leverage this data to deliver better services to their guests.
- Cloud Technology : The hotel industry is going through a serious transformation as it has started moving beyond reactive service. Today it wants to deliver a real time and more personalized experience to its guests. This is possible only via the data they gather through various channels cloud technology is going to be major factors in helping them achieve it. Not only that the cost of setting up technology and infrastructure is a major financial concern and that’s why cloud technology can be used to bring down costs yet deliver the best productive tools.
- Conserving Energy: Eco-consciousness has become a pivotal norm in the Hotel Industry and more and more emphasis is put on ensuring hotels and hotel companies are being more energy conscious. What it really is trying to do is to give the guest and hotel management controls of things like room lighting, water consumption and temperature via innovative and technologically enhanced tools and methods.
- Loyalty Programs: Loyalty programs are offered by many hotels and companies as it creates a sense of privilege for the guests who will surely make them come back to your premises. Hotels need to look at new software technologies that will help their guests avail the rewards programs available which will thereby help them increase loyalist in a more authentic manner.
There are various other detailed technological trends that surely need to be considered but we have just enlisted a macro view of it. Having said that its time for all in the Hotel Industry to do the apt research and find out the best technological deployments available and which is current to provide the most valuable hospitality services to their guests.